Friday, August 14, 2009

FROM JUNKY TO FUNKY!


For all of you who are really done looking at my dog's boy parts (I didn't even clear that photo that I used in my last post with him first, how rude), I thought I'd post something different. This table has been with us since my husband and I were married 14 years ago. It has seen many things: Cherrios, sippy cups, craft projects, building blocks, and the occasional magazine. It was well loved by crayons, feet, and sometimes bottoms. It used to sport a fashionable (not) padded bumper around its perimeter to keep little heads from smooshing when they ran into it. It had that weathered look without spending even one day in the sun. But still, I knew it had potential beyond what it had already given to us. So I give you the transformation: from COFFEE TABLE to GAME TABLE!


The kids and I sanded, painted, and then painted and sanded some more, and it was a fun family project! Hubby even got in on the action--he marked off the squares for us to paint The checkers and chess pieces will be stored in the drawer in the front, and my next project is to find (or make) comfy floor cushions for sitting on while playing. I'm going to check out some after-summer clearance sales on outdoor cushions at Pier One or World Market. Does anyone know when summer officially ends here in Arizona?!

5 comments:

Mary said...

I think summer ends around December 11th down in your part of the state, or something like that. Nice job on that table, folks!!

Scott and Genevieve said...

The table turned out way cute! What a fun project!

ashley b said...

how cute! i love it. that was defnitely a great idea on your part. can't wait to see the seating you figure out. :)

Taryn Zerner said...

YES!!! I LOVE THIS! You did such a fabulous job! There is nothing more rewarding than breathing new life into an old outdated piece of furniture!

Stopping by from SITS! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Love,
Taryn

Megan said...

That is way cool. I wish I had a creative bone in my body!

Thanks for coming by my blog today! Mt SITS featured day has been great!