Well, 2010 started out with a bang (crash, bump, and I think I also heard a scream, but I can't be sure), but I think we're back on track and are in full anticipation of a fabulous year! Aren't we always?! The Christmas Break home with the kids was heaven. We got to bake, watch movies, play games, sleep in late (after staying up late), hang out with friends, and just have fun! In fact, we had so much fun that the Christmas decorations hung around for a whole extra week, and well into the new year! If you know me, you know this is in direct conflict with my OH-so OCD ways. I'm learning to chill. Age is definitely mellowing me!
Back to school has been a hoot--so much to do, so little time! I am once again entertained by the questions that keep me laughing and pondering. Here are some of my recent favorites:
- How do they get marbles so round? (more importantly, who are THEY?)
- Can plants feel it when you pull off their leaves? (I think we should ask one...)
- How does milk come out of your nose when you laugh? (happened in the cafeteria at lunch, true story, it's now legendary)
- Why did I come back after break? (heard this one in the teachers' copy room)
- Teacher, do you want to see my nuts? (student produces a handful of walnut-looking nuts from pocket to show his wide-eyed, completely panic-stricken teacher)