Monday, January 18, 2010

OH NUTS!


Well, 2010 started out with a bang (crash, bump, and I think I also heard a scream, but I can't be sure), but I think we're back on track and are in full anticipation of a fabulous year! Aren't we always?! The Christmas Break home with the kids was heaven. We got to bake, watch movies, play games, sleep in late (after staying up late), hang out with friends, and just have fun! In fact, we had so much fun that the Christmas decorations hung around for a whole extra week, and well into the new year! If you know me, you know this is in direct conflict with my OH-so OCD ways. I'm learning to chill. Age is definitely mellowing me!
Back to school has been a hoot--so much to do, so little time! I am once again entertained by the questions that keep me laughing and pondering. Here are some of my recent favorites:
  • How do they get marbles so round? (more importantly, who are THEY?)
  • Can plants feel it when you pull off their leaves? (I think we should ask one...)
  • How does milk come out of your nose when you laugh? (happened in the cafeteria at lunch, true story, it's now legendary)
  • Why did I come back after break? (heard this one in the teachers' copy room)
  • Teacher, do you want to see my nuts? (student produces a handful of walnut-looking nuts from pocket to show his wide-eyed, completely panic-stricken teacher)
In other news, the house is getting cleaner and more organized (a constant quest), and this 3 day weekend is the reason why! I just love that freshly cleaned, new-house smell after everything has been dusted, wiped, folded, and reshelved--don't you?

4 comments:

Mary said...

We did the house-cleaning thing opposite from you. I've driven my kids hard to keep up the house every weekend so far this year, but for this 3-day weekend I decided to just veg. We've had a house full of various boys for 3 days and it's a mess! I'm pretty sure I was influenced by the fact that we'll likely be snowed in from school for a day or two or three this week. When all our other options are shut off, then we will catch up on cleaning!

Carol said...

I'm glad he had his nuts in his pockets. Whats funny is how twisted we all are that our first thought is a different type of nut. We are the one who are nuts! Kids are so dang funny

Randa Derkson said...

Not only do I love the smell...but I love the look and overall feeling!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Do you want to see my nuts...snort cackle giggle...

(miss you!)