Monday, January 17, 2011

Back? Maybe?


May? 2010? Really, it's been way too long! Here we are, smack dab in the middle of the first month of the new year. I am back to teaching full time, which explains my absence from my blog (and my hair stylist, but that's another conversation entirely). I am teaching 3rd grade again, same school. I was asked to come back 3 days before the school year began. 3 days. THREE DAYS. It took a little doing, a lot of coffee, and a lot of help, but I was ready in time to welcome 27 little darlings into my fold. They are a fantastic group of kids this year, and I consider myself blessed!

On the home front, we are entirely consumed with the sporting events in our children's lives--football, wrestling, and basketball at the moment. I couldn't love it more! The bitter sweet of it all is that I know these busy days won't last forever, and I want to suck the joy out of every single one of them. Sometimes that's hard to do when all you really want is a nap, but I remind myself constantly that there will be plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead.

I'm going to try to return here to blogland at least once a week, but don't hold me to it--papers to grade and all. I'm really missing the days when I was a "work at home mom", and could sneak a quick peek into the lives of all my cyber-friends. Now I have lots of real live people who call me friend, and I need to go plan some educational lessons for them!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Nice to see you back. I love your voice; live and written.