Saturday, January 24, 2009

TRANSENDING: LIFELONG FRIENDSHIPS

I just watched this video on a fellow blogger's blog, Art on a Limb, and thought it was very touching. Women friends have such a special bond with each other, and this is such a beautiful tribute by this author, Kelly Corrigan! I've seen her book, The Middle Place, in the bookstore, and think I might just have to pick up a copy!
I want to dedicate the message in this video to all my gal pals out there, you know who you are! From the ones I had in grade school, Jr. high, high school, college, through work, on-line, in my neighborhood, through marriage, kids' sports teams, play dates, and everywhere else I've encountered "kindred spirits"!
Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy a cup of coffee with a girlfriend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4qwVLqt9Q

6 comments:

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Hi Ho, Girly! I love this blog! I have been thinking about all my gal pals lately and really want to make connecting with them a priority this year! (and since you are in the valley of the sun..that means you too, lady!) My croc wearin' fairy is an enigma...she's all pink and precious but loves to play "assassin" with her big brother. Oops...gotta scoot back to my party...hee hee hee...

Huggies!
dawn

Mary said...

Well, thank goodness I didn't put on mascara before I watched that clip! Back atcha!

The Blonde Duck said...

Awww! That's so sweet!

Tori said...

Its so true. Friendships need to be treasured! Thanks for the comment on my blog! ♥ Tori

Ann On and On... said...

How fun, I just put that on my blog last week. It is a great video!!!

Don't forget to stop by my blog and take part in the YuMmY Valentine's give-a-way.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I have a present for you......

You have to come to my bloggy to get it......

hmmm....what could it be???????