I thought I'd share these fun little nuggets of wisdom and inspiration that I overheard today while on lunchroom duty. As a friend of mine said today, every would-be parent out there should have to cover a lunchroom duty or two--the world would be a lot less densely populated!
- One boy to another: When is your mom going to have her baby? Does she still fit in your car? (I bet she's just hormonal enough to have a mean left hook...)
- A little girl to a boy at her table: If you scoot any closer to me, I'm going to spit on you. (One day you may find him attractive...but probably not.)
- One boy to another: Why are your teeth so yellow? Did your lunch cause it or don't you brush your teeth? (Politically correct? I think not...)
- And finally, my favorite, one little girl to another: I love your nails! (purple and chipped) My mom says I can only use clear, because the other colors are trashy. (I tucked my red nails immediately into my pockets in shame...)
- Boy in foot cast: Mrs. B.? What do you think this black and green stuff is that's between my toes? (Lint...let's pray to God it's lint!)