Thursday, November 6, 2008

HALLOWEEN PICS!

Halloween 2006: Her hat says "Sprint", and she has a phone charger cord in her hand that fastened to the side of her shirt. We made her "buttons" with my Sizzix machine circle punch, craft foam, and a white pen. Her tinfoil antenna was stuck through a hole in the back of her hat!
My boy Stumpy.
My favorite felon and her pumpkin-head creation!


The real Stumpy and his pumpkin head creation!

There's nothing like a scorching sinus infection from putting you behind on your resolve to post Halloween pictures in a timely manner! I have been fighting this booger (pardon the pun) for a few weeks now, and am sad to say that it's kicking me in the ba donk a donk. I'm now on steroids (GRRRR!) and a new antibiotic, so we'll see what happens! Our Halloween theme this year was "If we don't already own it, too bad, we're not going to buy it", so the kids repurposed some older costume parts and were very resourceful! Gone are the days of the $40.00 a piece Disney costumes, and truthfully, those were never their (or my) favorites anyway. I have always loved putting together their costumes in a creative, do-it-ourselves kind of way. We've made a bunch of really neat costumes through the years--maybe I'll dig up some old pictures and post them. Many are (gasp!) not digital, so I'll have to scan them in. One of my favorites was Katie's costume 2 years ago--she was a cell phone! She was completely phone-obsessed, so it was a natural fit. Everyone got a big kick out of it, and she was as proud as she could be! This year, she was the prisoner (guilty of stealing Halloween candy, she said!), and Nate was the Headless Horseman, sans the horse. He looked totally creepy, which pleased him to no end. All in all it was a really fun night, and the kids had fun running through the neighborhood with friends collecting tons of candy! Unfortunately, it's still flowing freely around our house--into my mouth, and onto my midsection...oh well, it should be gone in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies!

3 comments:

ashley b said...

I love the cell phone costume! So cool! And what a huge bummer that you are still fighting the nasties! Hope you get feeling better soon.

Spicy Magnolia said...

Hello, Lori! I like the pictures of Halloween costumes! :)

I just wanted to drop a little note to say "thanks"! Thank you so much for leaving a comment on Antique Mommy's blog last week that was on advice for new moms! That post meant so much to me and I've printed out all of the comments to reread again and again. So thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and encourage me and other new moms!

I think I'm going to find myself much like you: opting for a nice shower! I hope you have a great weekend!

Aubrey said...

LOL
OMGoodness! Your Halloween theme cracked me up! I hear ya sister! Thankfully, I hit Old Navy up at the right time and snagged an $11 costume for my toddler!