Monday, November 10, 2008

THIS JUST IN...


Hey, guess what? Did you know that if you cut in line in high school, they will stuff you in a garbage can? It has to be true, because I heard it from a kindergarten friend of mine this morning. Also, CORN is made from the CORNUCOPIA (which strangely resembles the Bugle snack). This last part is my own observation.
If it weren't for the vast knowledge imparted to me by these worldly little folk (just ask 'em), I'd be forced to get my information from the news, or some other terrible place, and that just WOULDN'T DO! I do prefer to believe that MOST of what they tell me is true, because they are unjaded by pessimism, political correctness, and the cynicism of the world. To them, UP is UP, DOWN is DOWN, and no one gives a flying fart what color anyone is. I just giggled a little when I typed fart. Come on, you can laugh, it's a funny word.
Today, I told the the class the story of "The 3 Billy Goats Gruff". We used a felt board, just like in the olden days. Even though most of the kids had already heard the story, they all clapped at the ending, when the mean old troll got tossed into the lake by the biggest Billy Goat Gruff. They clapped because that's what you do when the bad guy gets his, and the good guys win. There's no gray area, no hurt feelings afterward. It just IS what it IS, and that's the beauty of the innocence of a child!

3 comments:

EmmaP said...

i love kindergardeners! i remember subbing my daughter's class when we read 3 billy goats. after reading it i let them act it out. it was soooo cute! My best friend in kindergarden was Heather Yenna. she had a deformed face and a hairlip and was completely bald from whatever disease she had. i never really noticed that. i just saw a cute little girl with a cute little voice and a cute little beanie hat. i told my mom about my best friend. our moms called each other to set up a play date. later, my mom revealed that she didn't know about heather's condition until she arrived at our front door. she was amazed that i had never described heather in the way she looked, but only in the way actually was. She said it was a proud moment for her as a mother. To know that her children could see another as God sees them. I LOVE small children. If only the rest of the world were so much like them!

Jennifer said...

I get lots of gems like that from my 5 year old--such a cute age!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!

Vered said...

Children ARE wonderfully innocent. It's always a little painful to watch them grow older and lose that innocence.